[Mailman-Users] MailMan product question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 23 15:34:32 CET 2010

David Scarborough wrote:

>We have an organization with a need for a mailing list manager.  Their
>desire is to have something that allows them to enter a contact name and
>a contact email address.  Most systems we have reviewed only show email
>addresses so deciphering who is actually on the list is impossible.  I
>realize that users can subscribe/unsubscribe by email but this is not
>what they need. Does Mailman manage lists with contact name AND email
>address?  I could not tell easily from the product information.

Mailman keeps the "real name" and email address for each list member.
See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/YoA9>.

However, Mailman does very little with this name. It is displayed
various places, but we would need to know more detail about why you
want Mailman to track the name to be able to say if Mailman does what
you want.