[Mailman-Users] good web hosting company for Mailman?

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Mar 11 16:26:37 CET 2010

Hi Nigel:

You can view a list of friendly mailman hosts at
http://wiki.list.org/display/COM/Mailman+hosting+services.

I will also invite you to take a look at our services at
http://mailmanhost.com. We impose no sending limits on any of our mailman
clients. Though we are an American company, we are seeing a large influx of
UK clients to our services.

> Also SSH terminal access is not permitted. Its
> all very limiting.

The only way you will gain access to the backend of Mailman is to have root
access to the server and this can only be accomplished via a VPS or
dedicated server. Having ssh access on a shared hosting account will still
not allow you to access the scripts that are contained in the
mailmaninstallation/bin/ directory. However most end users of mailman do not
need access to these scripts. At least that has been our experience.

Feel free to contact me off list if you additional questions.

Brian
Mailmanhost.com