[Mailman-Users] Mailman on non-standard port : Public list notdisplayed on listinfo page

Raven Kong ravenkong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 04:58:11 CEST 2010

Hello Mark,

After I set *VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off , *those public list is now
displayed.  I my case all my lists are in one domain so this solves my issue
just fine. And because there're already a few lists running on my mailman I
don't want mess around with the  installation. Maybe I'll try the patch
later.

Thank your very much for your kind help!

2010/6/23 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>

> Raven Kong wrote:
> >
> >and restart mailman then fix_url on a testing purpose list 'testlist1', I
> >have this verbose info:
> >*Setting web_page_url to: http://a.b.c:8888/mailman/*
> >*Setting host_name to: a.b.c*
> >
> >This still doesn't fix the problem, 'testlist1' is not displayed. Neither
> >does the new 'testlist2' I created after the changes made.
> >Do you have any idea about this?
>

> It appears to be a bug (introduced by me in 2.1.13 by the fix for
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/342162>). The test for "this
> host" doesn't properly account for the :port.
>
> One issue for a fix is the fact that example.com:123 and
> example.com:456 may be considered different hosts or they may not, so
> I think I'll ignore that.
>
> You have two ways to proceed. I think you said all your lists are in
> one domain, so you can just set
>
> VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off
>
> in mm_cfg.py, and all your advertised lists will display on the
> overview, or you can fix Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py (and admin.py).
>
> I have reported this as
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/597741>, and a tentative (so
> far untested) patch to fix it is attached.
>
> --

Best regards,

Raven Kong
--Life is not as we know it.