[Mailman-Users] Mailman on non-standard port : Public list notdisplayed on listinfo page

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 23 17:29:26 CEST 2010

Raven Kong wrote:

>and restart mailman then fix_url on a testing purpose list 'testlist1', I
>have this verbose info:
>*Setting web_page_url to: http://a.b.c:8888/mailman/*
>*Setting host_name to: a.b.c*
>
>This still doesn't fix the problem, 'testlist1' is not displayed. Neither
>does the new 'testlist2' I created after the changes made.
>Do you have any idea about this?

It appears to be a bug (introduced by me in 2.1.13 by the fix for
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/342162>). The test for "this
host" doesn't properly account for the :port.

One issue for a fix is the fact that example.com:123 and
example.com:456 may be considered different hosts or they may not, so
I think I'll ignore that.

You have two ways to proceed. I think you said all your lists are in
one domain, so you can just set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py, and all your advertised lists will display on the
overview, or you can fix Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py (and admin.py).

I have reported this as
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/597741>, and a tentative (so
far untested) patch to fix it is attached.