[Mailman-Users] Removing members containing special characters

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 9 05:05:51 CEST 2010

Warden, Les wrote:

>I'm running Mailman version 2.1.9 with several lists. One of my lists has a member that begins with a double-quote. I can't remove the member via web or underlying using the command-line. I've seen the scripting before, but can't seem to find it now. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/UIA9>. If that doesn't help, see
the script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/remove_bad_address.py>,
but as its description at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/> says

Removes syntactically invalid addresses from a list. This should
normally not be required as the pipe

bin/list_members -i <listname> | bin/remove_members -f - <listname>

should suffice.