[Mailman-Users] Merging two lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 21 18:18:34 CEST 2010

Michael R Boudreau wrote:

>I need to merge List A into List B. My plan is to run list_members on both lists and use the Unix 'uniq' tool to find the members of List A who are not already in List B. Then I'll use the web interface's mass subscription page to add the members from List A to List B.

Or you could just concatenate the List A and List B list_members output
and use that as input to bin/sync_members ListB.

See bin/sync_members --help for usage. Note if you use '-f' on
list_members for List A, the real names will be added too.

>Following that, I'll run rmlist on List A without deleting its archives.
>
>However, ideally I'd like to make the archives of Lists A and B available in one place to all the members of the new expanded List B.

Concatenate the archives/private/lista.mbox/lista.mbox and
archives/private/listb.mbox/listb.mbox files to make a new combined
archives/private/listb.mbox/listb.mbox and then run

 bin/arch --wipe listb