[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: User unknown invirtualmailbox table

franc walter francwalter at gmx.de
Fri Jul 9 12:26:55 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:19:33 -0700 schriebst du:

> I'm not sure what you are saying.

I just noticed that the path is different. It is the packager, like you
said.

> I.e in the case of the Debian/Ubuntu package,

>  --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman
>  --with-var-prefix=/var/lib/mailman

OK, i guess i just have to be careful to doublecheck the right paths.

Next difference to Ubuntu is the username, i read in:
http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html

"Make sure that the owner of the data/aliases and data/aliases.db file is
mailman, that the group owner for those files is mailman, or whatever user
and group you used in the configure command, and that both files are group
writable:

        % su
        % chown mailman:mailman data/aliases*
        % chmod g+w data/aliases*
"

Ubuntu uses "list" and not "mailman". I hope this is not a problem.

I thought if the packager (Ubuntu in my case) make such a package available,
i just have to install it and all is well, but it is not like this.
I have spent many hours till yet to make this work and still it is not
running.
Now i struggle with the virtual domains:

http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html