[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtualmailbox table

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Jul 8 19:18:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You don't create users or mailboxes for Mailman's list addresses. This
> is handled by alias_maps, virtual_alias_domains, and
> virtual_alias_maps in Postfix, or, since this is Debian/Ubuntu,
> possibly by postfix_to_mailman.py.

Having set up Mailman on 3 separate systems, 2 Debian and 1 Ubuntu, I can
personally recommend not using postfix2mailman.  I understand it's not
recommended, and there really seems to be no reason to use it.  The alias
maps way seems a lot easier to understand in my opinion.  I just followed
the installation manual and did just fine.

Geoff.