[Mailman-Users] Really obscuring sender addresses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 27 02:07:34 CET 2010

David Newman wrote:

>I am looking to obscure any reference to the sender's address from list
>postings.
>
>Per the guidelines, this includes (all done via the Web UI):
>
>anonymous_list: Yes
>first_strip_reply_to: Yes
>reply_goes_to_list: Explicit address
>reply_to_address: info at example.com
>include_rfc2369_headers: Yes
>include_list_post_header: No
>
>However, test messages I've sent to the list still include my address in
>the message headers:

>	(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
>	(No client certificate requested)
>	(Authenticated sender: dnewman at networktest.com)
>	by mail.example.com (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 8D354958A2
>	for <announce-list at lists.example.com>;
>	Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:24:09 -0800 (PST)
>
>Is it possible to scrub that "Authenticated sender" line?

This is fixed in Mailman 2.1.13 - Received: headers are removed from
anonymized posts.

If you can't upgrade, you can get the Cleanse.py module from
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files/head%3A/Mailman/Handlers/
and replace your Mailman/Handlers/Cleanse.py with that one. It should
work with any Mailman 2.1.x version.