[Mailman-Users] FW: [#ZPK-731315]: Mailing list constantlyrejecting a member email - please assist

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 26 16:00:52 CET 2010

John Grivas (wotsnext) wrote:

>I had email lists under a sub-domain, but decided to move the subdomain to
>its own webhosting. Part of that migration included moving some email lists
>across.
>
>The problem I have that any list that email are being rejected for list that
>now exists under the new hosting service but that existed under the old
>subdomain.  Any new list name created is fine.
>
>Can you think of any reason for this?  You're assistance would be much
>appreaciated.

I can think of two reasons off the top. Aliases and cPanel, although
cPanel usually uses exim with a mailman router and transport, so
aliases per se is probably not the issue.

What is the reason for rejection of the mail to the lists.

More below ...

[...]
 John at shnc.org.au

>> The list below are "Mailing Lists" I created the lists below under the new
>> hosting service.  I created them around the 11 Jan 2010.
>>

>>> alumni at shnc.org.au
>>> committee at shnc.org.au
>>> copperheads at shnc.org.au
>>> deathadders at shnc.org.au
>>> diamondpythons at shnc.org.au
>>> easternmasters at shnc.org.au
>>> goldencrowns at shnc.org.au
>>> members at shnc.org.au
>>> redbelliedblacks at shnc.org.au
>>> redfurina at shnc.org.au
>>> social at shnc.org.au
>>> whistlingblues at shnc.org.au
[...]

The reference above to cpanel seems to say you moved the lists to a
cPanel host. How did you move them? Were they previously cPanel lists.

cPanel mungs list names. I.e. the name of the alumni at shnc.org.au list
under cPanel is alumni_shnc.org.au and its config.pck, etc are in
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/alumni_shnc.org.au/. I don't
know if it is even possible to move a non-cPanel config.pck to cPanel
and have it just work.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.