[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

John Fitzsimons johnf at net2000.com.au
Fri Jan 22 23:47:27 CET 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:59:20 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Geoff Shang wrote:

>>On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>> If your FTP session is not chrooted to your own home directory or some
>>> other limitation, you chould be able to find them.

>>But presumably not delete them.

>Presumably not, but it wouldn't be the first time that people had
>permission to do things via FTP that they shouldn't be able to do
>because not allowing them a shell was "enough".

Thank you both for that info. I am not sure that I have the
knowledge/confidence to go looking into directories that aren't my
home directory. In any case even if I did succeed it could probably
get me into trouble with my hoster.

But this does lead me to think of a few more questions. If I closed
my mailing list then wouldn't all the Mailman archive files be
deleted ?

If I did that then I could presumably start the list again. Identical
to the previous list. But with archiving turned "off" from the
beginning ?

Regards, John.