[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Gmane ?

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Jan 20 04:23:17 CET 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 11:14 AM, John Fitzsimons wrote:

>It is a pity that nobody in the open source community is interested in
>creating an NNTP server that someone, who isn't a unix expert, could
>install on a "hosted" web site.  :-(

I wouldn't say no one is interested, but there doesn't seem to be the
resources to make it happen.  I like Gmane personally, but I really want
Mailman 3 to have an optional NNTP server vending messages from its message
store.  I actually don't think it's that hard, it'll just take some
engineering.  My plan is to use the NNTP server in Twisted as the core network
service, but I'm open to suggestions.

Come on over to mailman-developers if you want to help out.

-Barry