[Mailman-Users] Umbrella list settings!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 13 15:52:14 CET 2010

Marie-Yvette INGABIRE wrote:

>I am making umbrella list. but I gives an account to me that this umbrella
>list concern and is useful only for recalls of passwords at the end of the
>month.

I think you are talking about the settings umbrella_list and
umbrella_member_suffix.

If the members of list-x are other lists such as list-y and list-z, you
probably do not want administrative notices such as monthly password
reminders or on-demand password reminders from list-x to be sent to
the members of list-y and list-z. If this is the case, you set
list-x's 'umbrella-list' to Yes and 'umbrella_member_suffix' to
'-owner' and those notices go to list-y-owner and list-z-owner instead.

However, if list-x also contains a combination of individual members
and list members, you need to set list-x's umbrella_list to No, or
individual members won't be able to receive password reminders.

>I made a list of distribution *X at maling... *In this list of distribution
>there are two other distribution liste, namely *Y at mailing...* and *
>Z at mailing...* I would like that, when a message is sent to the list of
>distribution *X at maling...*, softened or not, the members or subscribers of
>lists *Y at mailing...* and *Z at mailing...* receive the message directly. Is
>there any possibility? I tried to make it but when the moderator accepts a
>notification of a message sent to the parent list(*X at maling...)*, in object
>this marks " implicit Destination ".

Go to the web admin Privacy options... -> Recipient filters page (in
the French localization Options de confidentialité... -> Filtres
destinataire) for each of the *Y at mailing...* and *Z at mailing...* lists
and either set require_explicit_destination to No or add the posting
address of the *X at maling... * list to acceptable_aliases.