[Mailman-Users] moving mailman lists to new server, same domain name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 3 21:16:59 CET 2010

On 1/3/2010 11:23 AM, Andrew Watson wrote:
>>> What's in mm_cfg.py?
> mm_cfg.py is empty on the new server.
> on the old server it contains:
>
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'visionscience.com'
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'visionscience.com'
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> I added these lines to the new server, but it did not fix the problem.

OK.

>>> What's the output from postconf -n?
>
> This is evidently a postfix command. Where do I find/run this?
> "locate postconf" returns nothing.
> I do not find a folder /etc/postfix (on either old or new server). How do I tell if postfix is installed?
> Does the bounce message (below) indicate that postfix is installed?

I was under the mistaken impression that your MTA was Postfix. I was
thrown off by the fact the the MTA that attempted to send the post to
Mailman was Postfix.

As you clarified in an off-list PS, you have Sendmail on the Mailman
server, so what's in sendmail's log (the system maillog?) corresponding
to the rejected post?

>>  What does "ls
>> -l /usr/local/mailman/data" give?

This was relevant for Postfix, not Sendmail.