[Mailman-Users] moving mailman lists to new server, same domain name

Andrew Watson andrew.b.watson at nasa.gov
Sun Jan 3 20:23:41 CET 2010

>> What's in mm_cfg.py?
mm_cfg.py is empty on the new server.
on the old server it contains:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'visionscience.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'visionscience.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

I added these lines to the new server, but it did not fix the problem.

>> What's the output from postconf -n?

This is evidently a postfix command. Where do I find/run this?
"locate postconf" returns nothing.
I do not find a folder /etc/postfix (on either old or new server). How do I tell if postfix is installed?
Does the bounce message (below) indicate that postfix is installed?

>  What does "ls
> -l /usr/local/mailman/data" give?

visionscience# ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data
total 16
-rw-r-----  1 root     mailman     41 Dec 31 23:01 adm.pw
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman     10 May 29  2008 last_mailman_version
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman      6 Dec 31 23:01 master-qrunner.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman  14114 May 29  2008 sitelist.cfg

Thanks and regards,

Andrew