[Mailman-Users] .htaccess protection of archives

Phil Ewels phil at tallphil.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:45:59 CET 2010

So everyone will be using the same login details for the .htaccess
protection (it's a fairly small group of users who need to access these
pages, who all trust each other and having one login for all saves a lot
of hassle). So no dynamic modification needed (if I understand you
correctly).

Users will be subscribed to a maximum of four lists, but I'd like them
to be able to browse the archives of all of them. In other words, have
the mailing lists behave as if they have public archive access, but
behind a .htaccess wall to prevent Joe Bloggs from reading the lists.

This may get overly complicated, so I might just create a dummy account
and publicise the login details on a page protected by .htaccess. Messy
but easy.

Phil