[Mailman-Users] wrapper issue

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 1 23:24:26 CET 2010

Hicks, Robert CTR wrote:

>>====
>>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

The list-name in the message you sent me ends in -admin. This is the
problem.

Your Mailman router in Exim doesn't work with list names that end with
'-admin' or probably any of the other suffixes '-bounces', '-confirm',
'-join', '-leave', '-owner', '-request', '-subscribe' or
'-unsubscribe'.

Does the router definition look like this:

mailman_router:
  driver = accept
  domains = +mm_domains
  require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
  local_part_suffix_optional
  local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
                      -confirm : -confirm+* : \
                      -join : -leave : \
                      -subscribe : -unsubscribe : \
                      -owner : -request : -admin
  transport = mailman_transport

If so, i think you can just delete the " : -admin" from the next to
last line as this suffix is a deprecated synonym for the -bounces
address and isn't actually used in Mailman 2.1.x.

That should solve the problem for lists named *-admin, but not the
others.

I'm not an Exim wizard, but I'll try to come up with a more robust
router definition.