[Mailman-Users] wrapper issue

Hicks, Robert CTR Robert.L.Hicks at uscg.mil
Mon Feb 1 21:18:51 CET 2010

I changed mailman to use an aliases file (/etc/mail/mailman-aliases) which is owned by root:mailman.

I get the following, which I didn't get when the aliases where being managed by Exim itself.

====
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group "exim".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure, providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=exim'.
====

So I have two options. The tweak, and the re-configure. What is the tweak? Or is it better to do the re-configure and if I do that does that "wipe" out anything in my current system?

Alternatively, I can turn the Exim support back on but I was getting this error from one of my groups:

====