[Mailman-Users] Mailman web interface - specifydifferentIP:port?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Dec 27 13:14:08 CET 2010

On 2010-12-23 3:48 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Tanstaafl wrote:

Mark wisely pointed out:
> If you haven't told Apache to listen on the port you're redirecting to,
> that would explain a lot. You don't necessarily need a VirtualHost
> block for that IP and port, but you do need to tell Apache to listen.

Ah, ok, that makes sense... but this brings up another question...

Where do I specify the server crt/key pair for the lists.example.com
vhost if I don't have a full blown vhost config file for it? Or can I
just go ahead and create one (vhost config file pointing to the correct
dir)?

>> As for logs...
>>
>> With the redirect commented, I can get to the non-ssl pages just fine...
>>
>> Trying to go to the ssl page, it gives the same error, and this is in
>> the error_log:
>>
>> [Thu Dec 23 14:33:04 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.110]
>> mod_mime_magic: can't read `/usr/lib64/mailman/cgi-bin/admin'
>> [Thu Dec 23 14:33:04 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.110] client denied
>> by server configuration: /usr/htdocs

> Actually, it appears that there is some issue causing the directives in
> /etc/apache2/conf/modules.d/50_mailman.conf to not apply to the
> https://lists.example.com:#####/ host because 50_mailman.conf contains
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

Crap-crud... sorry, I copied from the old version from back before
gentoo moved everything - I had neglected to delete the old/no longer
used directory...

>From the correct/used /etc/apache2/modules.d/50_mailman.conf file:

<IfDefine MAILMAN>
        ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib64/mailman/cgi-bin/"
        <Directory "/usr/lib64/mailman/cgi-bin/">
                AllowOverride None
                Options None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        Alias /pipermail/ "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/"
        <Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/">
                AllowOverride None
                Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        Alias /mailman-icons/ "/usr/lib64/mailman/icons/"
        <Directory "/usr/lib64/mailman/icons/">
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>
</IfDefine>

>> Is there some kind of .conf parser for apache that will show the current
>> configs it is using, similar to 'postconf -n' for postfix?

> Not that I know of.

Too bad, it would sure come in handy when troubleshooting apache
problems, especially in complex environments (unlike my simple one)...