[Mailman-Users] Mailman web interface - specify different IP:port?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 22 19:22:30 CET 2010

Tanstaafl wrote:

>How would I go about specifying a different IP:port for the mailman web
>interface?

[...]
>But I'd like to specify a redirect to a specific URL, namely:
>
>https://lists.example.com:#####
>
>Where/how do I go about doing this?

You don't want to redirect to a different URL or port. Doing so will
lose the data from POST transactions and break the Mailman web
interface.

You want to set DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and possibly PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL in
mm_cfg.py so that all Mailman generated URLs contain the port.

I.e., the defaults for these are

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

and you would put

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:pppp/mailman/'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:pppp/pipermail/%(listname)s'

in mm_cfg.py where pppp is the desired port. Then you need to run
fix_url to update the lists as in

 bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9>.