[Mailman-Users] solaris10 sparc, check_perms messages

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:11:47 CET 2010

Hi,

This is my first attempt to install Mailman-2.1.14 on solaris10/sparc.
HAving installed pythin-2.6.2 and gcc4 I then successfull did y
configure, gmake, gmake install. However, when I run bin/check_perms I
receive below messages.

-bash-3.00# ./bin/check_perms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/check_perms", line 395, in <module>
    checkmail()
  File "./bin/check_perms", line 293, in checkmail
    mode = statmode(wrapper)
  File "./bin/check_perms", line 82, in statmode
    return os.stat(path)[ST_MODE]
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman'

Can someone throw some light on this issue? In addition, if there is
any howto or install document on internet for Mailman on solaris 10
then please let me know that too.

Thanks.
Aero