[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

W. Curtis Preston curtis at backupcentral.com
Mon Aug 30 05:43:41 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>wrote:

> Oh, and for me, it has nothing to do with sullying our reputation.  It has
> much more to do with crippling our ability to support our customers, because
> experience has taught us that many of these vendors want to ship code
> without providing any of the actual support costs.
>
> If they're going to externalize onto us (a non-profit, unpaid, volunteer
> organization) all of their customer support costs for this part of their
> commercial package that they may sell for large sums of money, then as I see
> it they owe us one of two things:

Brad you bring up a good point that I don't think everyone is aware of.
Those of using a "commercial distro" of Mailman should get our support for
said installation said group.  I suppose if I was doing something normal, I
would.  However, I didn't even think to ask them because I figured the
answer would be "You're trying to do WHAT?"  Well, that's not supported...

But you know what?  I never even asked, so I think I will.