[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 28 16:24:35 CEST 2010

W. Curtis Preston wrote:

>First you have to subscribe them, then you would issue the following URL:
>
>http://<domain>/mailman/admin/<listname>/members?user=<email-address>&
><email-address>
>_digest=1&setmemberopts_btn=Submit%20Your%20Changes&allmodbit_val=0&
><email-address>_language=en&<email-address>_nodupes=1&adminpw=
><adminpassword>
>
>This has also worked for a few years, but I just found out that it isn't
>working.

This changed in Mailman 2.1.10. The "key" is no longer the raw email
address. It is quoted by urllib.quote(). The NEWS file contains the
following under 2.1.10 "Bug fixes and other patches".

- The admin Membership List pages have been changed in that the email
  address which forms a part of the various CGI data keys is now
  urllib.quote()ed. This allows changing options for and unsubbing an
  address which contains a double-quote character, but it may require
  changes to scripts that screen-scrape the web admin interface to
  produce a membership list so they will report an unquoted address.

What this means in your case is that in your URL above <email_address>
must have "@" changed to "%40" and othar characters not in the set
[-_.a-z0-9] must be similarly encoded. I think the php function
rawurlencode() will do what you need.