[Mailman-Users] network pressure ..

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 08:28:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Khalil Abbas <khillo100 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>

> I'm running a mailing list service and  have a dedicated server with
> godaddy for that, the server sends emails thru godaddy's relay servers.. I
> have 38 lists on this server and all the 38 lists have about 9,000
> subscribers .. but some of my customers send to their lists more than once a
> day..
>

> godaddy has told me that my server is making a pressure on their network
> and causing them problems because its sending too much data to the relay
> system very fast, they said that I should find a way to distribute the
> emails over a period of 12 hours or more to ease the pressure on their
> network..
>

> is there a way to tell mailman to distribute certain amount of messages
> over a certain period of time ??

Please run your own DNS servers on your servers. This will allow you to
manage your own DNS records (PTR and MX) and you can run a dedicated mail
server to handle traffic from the lists onto to the Internet. This solves
your problem completely. Well, you may have to buy a server to dedicate to
sending e-mails.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,