[Mailman-Users] HELP of sorts

Dave Foran dave at hamnet.org
Thu Aug 5 03:10:23 CEST 2010

Group

I had Mailman installed and running well on my old Fedora Core 3 box

I got a new system and install CentOS 5.0 and mailman-2.1.9-4.el5.i386 is
installed and working

I ported all the data from /var/lib/mailman/   from the old, to the new
system and it is working well to a point

I tried to create a new list from the mailman/admin page and I get an error
I am not authorized to create lists

The only issue I see is I have 2 mailman site lists. One that was ported
over and one that got created when mailman starting running on teh new
system

Last night I was getting a messge that Oops  we have a bug while trying to
get to the "menu" of public lists. That has cleared up, and now I have the
issue of trying to create a new list but get the above error.

( I did create the list from the command line so I am out of the water)

I thought about deleteing the 2 sitelists, taring the remaining,  and maybe
uninstall and reinstalling mailman,  Create a new site list and un-tar the
remaining back

Might some one have some insight on how to proceed to correct my errors

THANKS

Dave

---
Dave Foran                                  Internet ONLY:dave at hamnet.org
                             Cruise Missile Coordinates 41.36.46N 81.25.53W