[Mailman-Users] Monthly Announcement

Dave Dewey ddewey at cyberthugs.com
Sat Apr 10 19:14:38 CEST 2010

Quoting Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net):

> On 4/9/2010 8:45 PM, Stumpie wrote:
> > I'd like to send out a monthly announcement reminding users that they
> > are on a list and to remind them of some list etiquette.  I want to
> > do this automatically.  I've looked at the FAQ, but I can't find a
> > way to do this.
>

> If you have access to the host server or any server, set up a cron to
> mail the list once a month with whatever message you want.

This is how I do it for my lists in cron:

00 12 1 * * /usr/bin/mutt LIST at DOMAIN.COM -s 'Monthly List
Instructions' < ~/LIST.mailman.txt

That all goes on one line, and the LIST.mailman.txt file contains the
message you want to send. Mine uses Mutt to send the mail, but there
are many other ways/tools to accomplish this.

dd