[Mailman-Users] Monthly Announcement

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 10 06:22:34 CEST 2010

On 4/9/2010 8:45 PM, Stumpie wrote:
> I'd like to send out a monthly announcement reminding users that they
> are on a list and to remind them of some list etiquette.  I want to
> do this automatically.  I've looked at the FAQ, but I can't find a
> way to do this.

If you have access to the host server or any server, set up a cron to
mail the list once a month with whatever message you want.

If you don't have access to a server that reliably runs cron jobs, you
might be able to set up something in some web calendar to mail a
reminder to your list of some monthly recurring event. I think the hard
part of that would be to get the mail to contain the appropriate
message, but it might be doable.