[Mailman-Users] Messages being archived but suddenly stop being sent

Gaël Lams lamsgael at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:23:00 CEST 2010

Hi all

I've mailman 2.1.13 and postfix configured to use a reg-exp with mappings
between virtual alias domain recipient addresses and local recipient
addresses with the "classical":
# mandatory
/^(postmaster|root|abuse)@lists\.mydomain\.org$/   $1 at mydomain.net
# aliases
/^(.+)-(subscribe|on)@(lists\.mydomain\.org)$/ $1-join@$3
# commands
/^(.+)-(post|admin|request|owner|join|leave|confirm|bounces)@(lists\.)?mydomain\.org$/
mailman_$2+$1
# lists (command -post)
/^([-a-zA-Z0-9_]+)@lists\.mydomain\.org$/ mailman_post+$1

This server has been running since a few months.
New mailing lists have been added recently and it happens that emails sent
to these lists are accepted by postfix, transferred to mailman ("delivered
to command: /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post $EXTENSION"), they are
archived (they appear on the web-based mailman's archive) but then nothing
happen.
I don't find any errors on neither the postfix nor the mailman logs.

I did try to send an email on a older mailing list and I got the same
problem: postfix accepts the message, gives it to mailman, email appears on
the web-based archive, but then it's not sent to the members of the mailing
lists.

I'm quite baffled by this problem and would appreciate any pointer.

Kind regards,

Gaël