[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 in production

Michael Rowe mrowe at mojain.com
Fri Apr 2 01:11:49 CEST 2010

Is anyone using Mailman 3.0 in production? Would I be completely insane to
try?

The reason I ask is that I'm about to start building a hosted mailing list
service based on Mailman. My idea is to wrap all the complexity and
configurability of Mailman in a simple web app that non-technical people can
easily use. The new API features in 3.0 would be ideal for this, of course.

I don't expect to have anything for broad release for some months (I'm doing
this as a side project), so it's likely (hopeful?) that 3.0 will be released
in time, but I would like to run production lists much sooner than that.
They would be small in number and narrow in features, but would still need
to work reliably.

It just seems a shame to do this with 2.x, when most of the work I'd have to
do (interfacing the web app with Mailman scripts) would be totally different
in 3.0...

--
Michael Rowe