[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception: regular_exclude_lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 29 02:47:27 CEST 2009

Adam Nielsen wrote:

>> Did the old installation have patches that increased it's
>> DATA_FILE_VERSION?
>
>Ah, of course, I completely forgot about that!  Yes, I had applied this
>patch as you recommended when I installed the old version back in 2007:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=403066&group_id=103&atid=350103
>
>You mentioned at the time that the functionality provided by the patch
>(to auto-allow subscribers from certain domains, while everyone else
>still requires approval) will be provided in a future release:
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg45982.html
>
>However I can't find the option in the current Mailman release.  Do you
>know if it has been added or can I apply this patch again?

It has been implemented on the 2.2 branch which is not yet released, so
yes, you need to apply the patch to 2.1.12 if you need the
functionality.

Also, rather than incrementing Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION further and
setting yourself up for this kind of problem again, you could leave it
at 97 and run the following (after applying the auto approval patch)
to make sure all lists get updated

#!/bin/sh
f=`mktemp`
echo "mlist.data_version = 96" >$f
for list in `/path/to/bin/list_lists --bare`; do
  /path/to/bin/config_list -i $f $list
done
rm $f

I don't intend to apply the patch to the 2.1 (stable) branch because of
i18n considerations.