[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception: regular_exclude_lists

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 29 02:20:04 CEST 2009

> It appears that the new server is running 2.1.10 or later with the
> "sibling lists" feature, and the old server from which the lists were
> moved did not have this feature, so the lists did not have the
> corresponding regular_exclude_lists and regular_include_lists
> attributes.
>
> However, that doesn't explain what is happening, because the first time
> the moved list is instantiated on the new server, Mailman should
> detect that the list's data_version is less than the installation's
> DATA_FILE_VERSION and update the list's attributes. So, the question
> is why didn't this happen, or if it did, why weren't the
> regular_exclude_lists and regular_include_lists attributes added?
>
> Did the old installation have patches that increased it's
> DATA_FILE_VERSION?

Ah, of course, I completely forgot about that!  Yes, I had applied this
patch as you recommended when I installed the old version back in 2007:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=403066&group_id=103&atid=350103

You mentioned at the time that the functionality provided by the patch
(to auto-allow subscribers from certain domains, while everyone else
still requires approval) will be provided in a future release:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg45982.html

However I can't find the option in the current Mailman release.  Do you
know if it has been added or can I apply this patch again?

Many thanks,
Adam.