[Mailman-Users] Authenticating a post to a distribution list

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Sep 11 22:55:47 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 04:19:44PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >On 11-Sep-2009, at 11:46, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >>If people want this feature (Approved: password in square brackets in
> >>the Subject:), speak up.
>
> If we do implement this, I think it should be a list option.

Very much so. Were it not to be, it's the sort of thing I would hack
at, in the code, to revoke (so appropriately commented, please!)

If an MUA is no good/not fit for the purpose, then it ought not to
always be used. That's my view. (when $WORK mail was Exchange/Outlook
based, I'd use Outlook only really for the calendaring things. All of
my mail needs were handled in a competent MUA (well, two, actually).
Admitedly, I had the ability to install software as I pleased.)

--
Suburbia: where they cut down the trees then name streets after them