[Mailman-Users] Authenticating a post to a distribution list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Fri Sep 11 19:36:38 CEST 2009

I've been to several sources of documentation on Mailman and can't find
anything definitive on this, except for a bunch of list postings, so
perhaps someone could point me to a doc on the current state of this
feature, or answer the question.

I understand that a poster to a moderated distribution list can get a
post distributed by putting "Approved: passwd" as the first line of the
post, yes?  I've also seen some discussion of putting this in the
subject line in square brackets.  Is this supported?

What's the current status of this feature?  Where can I find out more
about it?  We're currently running Mailman 2.1.12 a la Gentoo Linux
stable.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it." - Albert Einstein