[Mailman-Users] Test mesages

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 23:04:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 02:53:43PM -0600, LuKreme wrote:
> Or maybe there's something else I should do? Basically, I wanted to
> tail -f /var/log/maillog and watch the message come in and get sent to
> ensure the list was working properly.

If you just want to see that, why not set yourself/another account you
use as moderated, and watch your logs for that: the mail will get to
the list, but won't go beyond the checks, unless you otherwise chose.

Or have I missed something?

For anything else, I'd suggest having a test list, based on the
configs you've defined: I think it was this thread that Mark pointed
out two withlist possible-deployments for extracting config for
list-foo, and importing into list-baa. (I can't be arsed checking,
right now (it was within the last two weeks-ish, anyhow).)

--
``Sir Humphrey: With the administration in Brussels and the Parliament
  in Strasbourg? Minister, it's like having the House of Commons in