[Mailman-Users] Can receive but not send?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 3 03:50:34 CEST 2009

Andrei wrote:

>Thanks to Sean I've made some progress. It seems that local users on
>lists.host.org server can receive and send emails. Mailman on
>lists.host.org can
>also receive emails. However, there is an an error message when Mailman
>tries to send email out to list subscribers. The error message I see in the
>logs is "Unrouteable address" for each email address in the list (e.g.
>email at yahoo.com).

Can a local user send to one of these non-local addresses?

Can Mailman send to a local address?

You are asking Exim configuration questions. The only thing possibly
Mailman related in this is if Exim doesn't accept
listname-bounces at domain as an envelope sender, but it doesn't seem
that that's the issue.

You would probably have better luck pursuing your Exim configuration
issues with Exim support resources.