[Mailman-Users] Is there a security checklist available for Mailman ver 2?

Frederic E Riggle friggle at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 30 19:22:33 CET 2009

Hello All,

Has anyone developed a security checklist (equivalent to the type of
checklists found at http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/ncp/repository) for
Mailman ver 2?

If a security checklist is not available, can anyone suggest resources
(websites, etc.) where I can find information that I could include in a
checklist?
The configuration documentation would probably be a good place to start.

I would also be willing to help or assist anyone in developing a security
checklist.

I am going to be tasked with setting up a Mailman server - and I will have
to develop a System Security Plan (SSP) for it - a security checklist would
be an excellent start at developing a SSP.

Thank you.

Fred Riggle