[Mailman-Users] Virtual domain support

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Oct 8 02:42:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Geoff Shang wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>>
>>>   =====> /etc/mail/aliases/$domain-aliases
>>>   mailman-lists.$domain           \
>>>       "|/home/mailman/lists.$domain/mail/$domain-mailman post mailman"
>>>   mailman-admin-lists.$domain:    \
>>>       "|/home/mailman/lists.$domain/mail/$domain-mailman admin mailman"
>>
>> Ok but how do you get Mailman to produce alias tables that look like that?
>> Or don't you?  Mine only  have the list address part, not the fully
>> qualified list address.
{snip}
> There is still a problem in that there is a potential list name
> conflict, so to resolve that, you need to make a patch (see attached

ah...

I will review your patch, and I used list-domain.tld instead of
list.domain.tld, but I basically came to the same conclusion and just
implemented same.  I got the idea from
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-September/063254.html

This really needs to be documented somewhere.

does using a dash vs a dot as a separater make any difference re eventual
upgrade path?  I'm still testing at this point but I'll be making a lot of
lists soon, so now's the time to change anything.

Thanks again,
Geoff.