[Mailman-Users] rejecting messages *to* non-members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 27 20:49:39 CET 2009

LuKreme wrote:

>Yep, but I've set it at least twice for this list and I still find it getting set back.

I don't know why that would happen.

>But that said, some Mailman lists have a setting that lets you set the Reply-To: on your posts so that when people reply, it goes ONLY to the list, as $DEITY intended.

Our recommendations are to not strip the poster's Reply-To: if any and
to not add any other Reply-To: addresses. This list is set that way so
you can add your own Reply-To: and it will be passed through.

List owners can set these as they see fit, but I don't see why anyone
would choose to strip the poster's Reply-To: if they weren't adding
one of their own.