[Mailman-Users] rejecting messages *to* non-members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 27 19:46:23 CET 2009

Ed wrote:
> Another prob I ran into early on was folks just blindly
> using the "Reply-All" function therefore if I had made
> the orginal post I would get TWO replies.

In some cases at least, this is a good thing. E.g.,

- The poster is not a list member and would not otherwise see the reply.

- The poster is a digest member and wouldn't otherwise see the reply for
some time.

The typical list member is not able to know whether a poster is a
regular or digest member or even a list member at all.