[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Emergency Broadcast

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Nov 22 21:35:26 CET 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> This could be done with bin/inject on the Mailman server to inject a
> message directly into Mailman's in/ queue bypassing the MTA, but you
> don't have the required access. Since you don't have the required
> access, I do see the need in your case, but this won't happen before
> MM3 if then.

We can repeat the mantra -- Mailman was *NEVER* designed to be used in a Service Provider environment, especially not with multiple customers who may have very different needs, and most especially not when the Service Provider in question doesn't actually provide any of the necessary support to go along with the software.

If I could shoot every single service provider who just threw up whatever kind of crap they thought they could make stick and make a point of avoiding all the necessary support, there would be many, many fewer crappy providers in this world.

At the very least, you should find a different provider where they actually give you the support you require.

--
Brad Knowles <bradknowles at shub-internet.org>