[Mailman-Users] messages won't go through

alex wisser lens_cap105 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 05:53:33 CET 2009

I am using mailman version 2.1.11.cp3 to handle 6 mailing lists for a small community organization and am having difficulty.  Each list has approximately 200 members, subscribed through the mass subscription function on the list admin interface and everything seems to be working, but when I send a message to the list it doesn't seem to be going on to the addresses on the list.  I know this because I have put several of my own and other member's of the teams addresses on the list and we haven't gotten anything either to spam or inbox.  I have called people on the list and they haven't gotten anything either.  The messages are stored in the list archives.  I have tried a variety of options including sending them as moderated and non moderated, from the admin address, from a member address, from a non admin address.  I have gotten two messages in return.  One was a fatal bounce error from one of the member addresses and the other was an automatically
 generated reply from another list saying that I would have to belong to that list to post there. I have also created a small test list with just three addresses on it (my own) and the messages went through fine.  I have compared options on both the real lists and the test list and have found no solution.  Can anyone help me?

cheers

Alex Wisser