[Mailman-Users] question about postfix aliases file and postfixvirtual file and local delivery

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 30 22:13:55 CEST 2009

admin2 wrote:

>I have a question about changing the default behavior of postfix.  As
>current configuration stands I need to add a mailman maillist hosted by
>virtual hosts/domains I need to add the to list entries to the /var/lib/
>mailman/data/aliases file and also the /etc/postfix/virtual file

Or configure Mailman/Postfix integration for virtual domains so that
mailman will automatically maintain virtual maps in
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman as it currently does aliases.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html> although
it is a bit out of date on the Postfix side.

>Is there any way to get postfix to deliver mail to a virutal
>domain/hosted email, such as a mailman maillist, if it is found in the
>/var/lib/ mailman/data/aliases file but does not appear in the
>/etc/postfix/virtual file?

Only by adding the domain to mydestination in Postfix, thus making it a
local domain.

>What about allowing postfix to deliver Incoming mail if an user and/or
>maillist address is a local user but does not appear in the
>/etc/postfix/virtual file?

In order to do that, it has to ba a local domain as far as Postfix is
concerned.