[Mailman-Users] Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 63, Issue 53

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 30 04:58:33 CEST 2009

Dave Filchak

>OK .. well maybe something here. In Defaults.py SMTPHOST is set to
>'localhost' In mm_cfg.py, it is set to the actual public IP of the server.

I'm fairly sure if you just remove the SMTPHOST = 'xx.xx.xx.xx' from
mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman, it will work.

I'm also fairly sure that if you set SMTPHOST to the IP instead of
localhost in the tests that they will fail.

Of course, none of this will explain why it quit after the power
outage, but I'm pretty sure the difference is a DNS issue.