[Mailman-Users] migrating from sendmail site to postfix site

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 28 19:49:10 CEST 2009

admin2

>I am getting mail loops with postfix.

Incoming or outgoing? Can you send mail from the box with the sendmail
command?

What specifically are the postfix log entries for the looping mail?

>here is my configuration.  I dont
>have @domain.com @mail.domain.com configured in my /etc/postfix/virtual
>file.  what do I do in the case of the configuration below?
>

>myorigin = /etc/mailname

This setting is a domain name, not a file.

>myhostname = domain.com
>mydomain = domain.com
>mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
>
>root at domain:/etc/postfix# cat /etc/mailname
>domain.com
>
># cat /etc/hosts
>127.0.0.1     localhost localhost.localdomain
>128.110.253.66     domain.com
>
># hostname
>domain.com

Did you look at <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html> and
the subordinate <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>?

That's what you need to do for Mailman/Postfix integration for
automatic maintenance of list aliases. If you want to do aliases
manually like sendmail, You don't need to do anything to a working
Postfix config except maybe

recipient_delimiter = +

for Mailman's VERP like options.