[Mailman-Users] migrating from sendmail site to postfix site

admin2 admin2 at enabled.com
Thu May 28 19:11:07 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> admin2 wrote:
>> I am migrating mailman from a freebsd server running sendmail to an
>> ubuntu server running postfix.  Could somebody please send me a decent
>> link that explains the postfix/mailman configuration?
>>
>> I am getting relaying denied messages on the postfix side.
>
> Outgoing or incoming?
>
> Is your sending IP in my_networks?
>
> For Mailman specific information see
> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html>.
>
> For the rest see <http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html>.

Mark,

I am getting mail loops with postfix. here is my configuration.  I dont
have @domain.com @mail.domain.com configured in my /etc/postfix/virtual
file.  what do I do in the case of the configuration below?

myorigin = /etc/mailname
myhostname = domain.com
mydomain = domain.com
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain

root at domain:/etc/postfix# cat /etc/mailname
domain.com

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1     localhost localhost.localdomain
128.110.253.66     domain.com

# hostname
domain.com