[Mailman-Users] Help! "Stuck Messages"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 24 18:56:35 CEST 2009

Aaron Marcavitch wrote:

>We have a list of about 600.  I have been working hard to delete our bouncing members.  However, when I do a BIG delete session, no messages show up in the "approval" section.

I don't understand. First of all, why not just let Mailman's bounce
processing take care of removing bouncing members?

But, in any case, removing members should have nothing to do with
message approval, so I don't understand what the problem is. Can you
give more specific detail?

>I have the list on emergency moderation because we were having problems adjusting to our switch over from our old system.  When I didn't delete emails for a few days it worked fine.  Now its going on 12 days since our last email showed up for my approval.

If you mean there are no messages in the admindb interface, then
perhaps there have been no posts.

If you mean you haven't been getting notices of messages as they are
held, this is expected. Individual notices are not sent for
'emergency' holds.

>I know I am doing something wrong - I just can't figure out what....

Nor can I from the information you provided. Please try to provide more
specific detail about the actual problem, although it seems that this
may be something that will have to be addressed by the admins of the
Mailman installation.