[Mailman-Users] How to gzip archives?

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Fri Mar 20 12:18:52 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 20:48 -0500, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 3/19/2009 8:10 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > In other words, you aren't going to save much. You would be much much
> > better off using mod_deflate (in apache) to compress all data sent to
> > clients that request it.
>
> I'm thinking that this may be what the OP was really after even if he
> accidentally stumbled on the fact that Apache can decompress contents
> from disk.

I think mod_deflate is a good way to start.

I plan to use some software to moniter the bandwidth and check the real
usage of the server. And then do some optimization. Well, Let's wait and
see.

Then, I think it'll be much more reasonable to act on those collected
data.

Thanks :)

Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)