[Mailman-Users] FAQ issues - was: How to change the text at the bottom of sentmails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 18 16:30:17 CET 2009

Hendrik Maryns wrote:

>For a starters, the bottom of the Digest has

>Which redirects to
>
>http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions

The msg_footer has the current, short URL <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3>

Brad - can you check and fix the digest_footer on the mailman lists.

>Then, I've seen that this latter site has expanded over the last days,
>which is of course great.
>
>But I think the layout is quite confusing, with that Labels thing coming
>on top.  That should be at the bottom.

Unfortunately, I think this is a Confluence thing over which we have no
control.

>Also, it says "They're organized
>into several sections: click on each section to view the questions for
>that section, or use the "View in Hierarchy" link to see them all listed
>in a tree." which is simply not true.

What's not true? It works for me.

>And I had expected more and more specific questions.

As Brad has already noted, it's a community driven wiki. We try to get
common questions answered there, but I'm sure there are gaps. You can
help. If you ask a question on this list that you think is a FAQ that
isn't in the wiki, when you get the answer, add it to the wiki.