[Mailman-Users] Detecting Autoresponders

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Mon Jun 29 00:34:02 CEST 2009

Is there something specific Mailman is looking for to detect autoreponders, like Out of Office messages?  We had an incident this weekend with an autoresponder sending an out of office message over and over and over....to a list.

This particular autoresponder is not known to be broken.  Its worked well in the past with Mailman.

I note the header of the message from the autoresponder contains

But I am not sure what Mailman looks at when trying to determine what is an out of office or other automatic message.

--Karl