[Mailman-Users] requesting copies of previous messages on a mailman list

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Fri Jun 12 20:56:52 CEST 2009

On 06/10/09 07:34, Spencer, Ross wrote:
> I am an administrator of a mailman mailing list. I am struggling to
> find any documentation on how to request a copy of a previously
> posted message using mailman.

I'm not aware of any ability in Mailman that will allow you make a
request for a previously posted message.

In fact, I believe that Mailman simply (in effect) splits / explodes any
given message and re-sends it on to multiple recipients, with one of the
recipients being an archive.  To the best of my knowledge the archive
simply appends the message to an mbox file (or similar) for later view
via the web interface.  I do not believe there is any concept of
retrieving a given message out of the archive.

Grant. . . .